- – - – -
SEEKING HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS and EDUCATORS to help plan National Mentoring in Medicine Day for Saturday, April 21st.
Hospitals, clinics and physicians nationwide offering young people the opportunity to network with health care leaders and learn about careers in medicine. Join the movement at http://teammimday.eventbrite.com/
- – - – -
Here are the top 7 reasons why people don’t focus:
1. Lack of training. They were never taught how to focus their time, money and business relationships toward one activity. Their role models were constantly juggling several projects therefore this became the norm for them.
2. The Beginners Syndrome. Have you ever built an organization from zero to a million dollars in sales? If you have never done it personally or have trusted advisors who have reached that goal then you are constantly searching for the next big idea and never realizing that you already have what it takes to be successful.
3. An Addiction to Struggle. Now this concept is truly amazing. People who claim they want to reach a goal are addicted to the process of achieving the goal but never truly want the goal because they would no longer have the struggle of pursuing the goal. (I know that’s a mouth full.) Their self-identity has become wrapped up in “the struggle.” With just one yard to the touchdown they self-destruct and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
4. Low Self-Esteem. Do you really love yourself? I love being a Black man in the wilderness of North America. Hey, it’s a challenge at times. But I am ready to be an agent of change and bring forth beauty amidst chaos. Given your situation, can you say something similar? Look yourself in the mirror today and say … I love you!
5. The Appearance of Progress. You don’t have to be at every award show and be seen by all the VIPs. Quiet work that seeks no recognition is the most pleasurable and fruitful.
6. No Plan. Do you know the steps to raising $1 million for your non-profit? People who lack focus are constantly searching for the next step. Booker T. Washington reminds us that, “Success leaves clues.” Your only job is to learn from others and implement.
7. Inability to Be Still. Take a deep breath. How did that feel? That’s the real you. Release your claim to the rushed and breathless life. Remember to breathe! Life will become richer.
I hope you can recognize the above symptoms in yourself and begin to take corrective action.
Cheers to your future success!
- Andrew Morrison
Small Business Camp
Call-in to learn the biblical principles and practices of meditation
from a Christ-centered perspective. Gain a better understanding of
what the Bible has to say about meditation versus New Age thought and
Eastern religions. Leave with a daily practice that will enrich your
devotional life and receive the emotional, physical and spiritual
benefits of meditation.
Instructor: Andrew Morrison
Date: Tuesday, February 21st 2012
Time: 9pm-10pm EST
Register at http://blackchurchnews.com/seminars/ for the phone number
to join the Meditation.