Must See Videos by Young Entrepreneurs at http://smallbusinesscamp.com/youthbizcamp/
I can not begin to tell you how proud I am of the young people who completed my Small Business Camp for Youth. It’s been a pure pleasure working with our future leaders.
Students as young as 9-years old were able to grasp sophisticated marketing concepts and put them into practice within 24 hours. (Now, only if I could get a few of my clients to learn that quickly)
You are invited to a “live” webcast to discuss lessons learned and how you can participate in the youth entrepreneurship movement. If you have a passion for youth and business then this video broadcast will be for you.
Date: Sunday, July 31st
Time: 7-8pm EST
A few of the concepts the students learned include:
1. Power of a Brand: How do you select a brand name for your company and keep that consistent among several social media properties?
2. On-Demand Printing is Hot!: Within 15 minutes, they were able to create online stores with CafePress.com and Zazzle.com
3. Your Voice Matters: Their t-shirts, mugs and bags were an expression of their conversations and observations.
4. Humor Sells: We made humorous videos on YouTube.com to highlight our online products. You can see the commercials that the students created at http://smallbusinesscamp.com/youthbizcamp/. Archives of our past shows can be viewed by selecting the VIDEO tab on the top right-hand corner of the player.
5. Technology is Cool: Students were amazed at how they could quickly master several different websites. They are on their way to blogging riches by creating WordPress websites.
6. Bad People Are Online: Success tends to attract haters. But it’s okay. Only hurting people hurt. Despite a few “interesting” comments and behavior in our chat room. We were able to stay focused and get the job done.
7. Commitment is Key: Big apology to the parents who had to stay up until midnight helping their child with one of my assignments. It was good to see that everyone showed a commitment to completing a task and making it better.
The webcast on Sunday, July 31st at 7pm EST will be archived at http://smallbusinesscamp.com/youthbizcamp/ if you are unable to attend.
Expect the Best,
Small Business Camp
P.S. What are you doing on Saturday, August 6th? Let’s spend a day turning your dreams into a successful for-profit or non-profit organization. Invest in yourself and learn the tools and strategies that can grow any idea within 16 weeks. Don’t live in NYC? No problem! You can attend online. The next boot camp is Saturday, October 15th. Register now and receive a special “two-for-one” discount.
Saturday, August 6th
Online Small Business Boot Camp in New York City
An intensive all-day event that allows you to walk-in with just an idea and leave with a winner’s mindset and marketing strategies to grow a for-profit or non-profit organization. Bring a laptop and create a money-making website, attention generating press release, business plan and sales proposals. Attend online or in-person. Register by 8/2 at http://bizcamp0806.eventbrite.com and bring a friend for FREE!